Ask owner, Kim Nuzskowski, what motivates her to get moving every morning and she will likely tell you it’s because of her desire to make a difference in the community she serves. A lifelong advocate of healthy lifestyles, Kim opened Shapes Fitness for Women in Flower Mound as a tangible way to empower local women. At Shapes Fitness, the desire is to build confident, strong women who love the person they are inside and out.
Women often find it difficult to make time for themselves, especially true once we become parents. Our busy lives often mean that we spend most of our spare time taking care of others needs and not taking “me time.” Exercising with little ones can be a huge struggle which is why I love the free child care that is included with every Premier Shapes membership. This summer, Shapes Fitness for Women in Flower Mound will be offering kids yoga and other programs in their complimentary Kids Can Too! Summer Program. This summer program starts in May 2019 and is every Monday at noon.
Shapes is helping women transform their health every day:
Shapes Fitness for Women – Flower Mound, TX
“Empowered women empower women.” It’s a strong, yet powerful statement. The team at Shapes Fitness for Women in Flower Mound is invested in shaping women’s health and fitness for the better.
Fitness is Not a One-Size-Fits-All Model.
Women’s health and fitness differs from men. Women are more prone to deconditioning because they tend to have less muscle mass than men. Females have only 37-68% of muscle strength compared to males in general. Men have more testosterone and lean muscle mass, and so they tend to burn more calories and gain muscle quicker than women.
Additionally, chronic diseases and conditions—such as heart disease, cancer and diabetes—are the leading causes of death for women.
She is Brave. She is Bold. She is Strong. She is Fearless.
One of the conversations that inspired Kim Nuzkowski to open a women’s fitness center was when a close friend was recently told by a man that she couldn’t succeed in an Iron Man competition based solely on her gender.
In fact, it wasn’t until 1972 that women were even allowed to officially enter the Boston Marathon. In 1967, Kathrine Switzer became the first woman to run the Boston Marathon as a numbered entrant. Her coach insisted a marathon was too far to run for a “fragile woman” and during her run, a race official attempted to stop her. The official was shoved to the ground by Switzer’s boyfriend, Thomas Miller, who was running with her, and she completed the race.
Shapes Fitness for Women membership has many benefits you’ll love…
Shapes Fitness for Women Benefits You’ll Love
At Shapes Fitness for Women in Flower Mound you can enjoy the benefits of physical fitness and health in a supportive, safe, and comfortable environment. Some of the benefits you can expect as a member are:
- State of the art fitness equipment.
- Passionate, certified personal trainers that will help you crush your fitness goals.
- Elite team training that helps you workout with your closest buddies towards a common fitness goal.
- Wide variety of group classes throughout the week will get your rear in gear…classes like zumba, yoga, Pilates, and more.
- Monthly complimentary evaluations include measurements, body fat percentage, body mass index, measure of flexibility, cardiovascular fitness test and goal setting.
- Personalized fitness plan from certified trainers that will get you on the right track.
- Locker room to confidently store your personal items.
- Infrared sauna with ultra low EMF for ultimate safety and are clinically tested to lower blood pressure, increase core temperature and aid in weight loss.
- Complimentary childcare from CPR certified and background checked staff for kids 6 months to 12 years old in a safe and FUN environment!
- Pink Perks Program – Special Discounts from Local Businesses for Shapes members!
- Member Appreciation Days are held regularly to help build community and ensure you are getting the most out of your membership.
Shapes Fitness for Women in Flower Mound, TX lets you work out and reach your fitness goals in a safe, empowering, and comfortable environment. This women’s fitness center understands the unique health needs of women and will be there with you every step of the journey to help you reach your fitness goals. Call Shapes Fitness for Women at (469) 630-6200 to schedule a time to tour the facility and see everything they have to offer!
- Check out their Facebook page to see what they’re doing today!