Have you been checking your bank account multiple times a day wondering when you’ll get your payment from the IRS? Well, the IRS just launched a tool today that will let you see exactly when that economic stimulus payment is coming your way. Here’s Everything You Need To Know:
Here’s When You Can You Expect To Get Your Stimulus Payment
Most eligible Americans with direct deposit information on file with the IRS will get their stimulus payment deposited to them within the next three weeks.
To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS just launched a new tool called Get My Payment.
Get My Payment is providing people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.
An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check.
The direct deposit feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.
Who is eligible for the Economic Impact Payment?
U.S. citizens or resident aliens who:
- Have a valid Social Security number,
- Could not be claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer, and
- Had adjusted gross income under certain limits.
Who will receive the Economic Impact Payment automatically without taking additional steps?
Most eligible U.S. taxpayers will automatically receive their Economic Impact Payments including:
- Individuals who filed a federal income tax for 2018 or 2019
- Individuals who receive Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), or survivor benefits
- Individuals who receive Railroad Retirement benefits
Who needs to provide additional information to receive the Economic Impact Payment?
Eligible U.S. citizens or permanent residents who:
- Had gross income that did not exceed $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples) for 2019
- Were not otherwise required to file a federal income tax return for 2019, and didn’t plan to.
IRS Just Launched A Tool So You Can See When You’re Getting $1,200 Payment
The IRS just launched a new tool called Get My Payment which will allow eligible Americans to see when they should expect to have their stimulus payment direct deposited to their account. You can also update your direct deposit info info the tool so you can get it faster.
Here’s More On Metroplex Social:
- Here’s When You Can Expect To Get Your Stimulus Payment
- Calculate How Much Your Stimulus Payment Will Be
- Here’s How The CARES Act Benefits Families And Businesses
- Here’s Where You Can Get A COVID-19 Antibody Test In DFW
Have you received your payment yet? Tell us in the comments.